https://www.robynbradley.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Robyn-Bradley-Logo_1.png 0 0 Robyn Bradley https://www.robynbradley.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Robyn-Bradley-Logo_1.png Robyn Bradley2011-02-14 09:00:452011-02-14 09:00:4510 Places I Get Ideas for Stories…
…in no particular order:
- PostSecret (My short story “A Touch of Charlotte” was inspired by one of the postcards from PS.)
- The “Science” section from one of my favorite magazines, The Week. Actually, almost all the sections of The Week get my juices going (a close second – almost anything in Wired).
- The news, in general.
- Cop shows like Law & Order, SVU, Criminal Minds.
- Freak shows that A&E and TLC like to run, like Hoarders.
- People watching, anywhere.
- My idea journal. (When I was a kid, I loved going through my toy box and finding things I’d forgotten about. It’s the same experience with my idea journal, which is where I record ideas whenever they come to me, including the middle of the night.)
- The shower. What is it about the shower that does it for so many people?
- Driving. Ditto the shower; there’s something about driving that soothes my muse and allows the ideas to flow.
- The beach, especially during the off-season when no one is around.
If you’re a writer, where do you get your ideas? Share in the comments.