7 Random Thoughts on a Thursday
1. Validation. Something you try and convince yourself you don’t need until you receive it out of the blue and then you realize you’re human and you do need it. At least sometimes.
2. Do passive aggressive types who attempt to bait you into debate realize we’re well aware of what they’re doing? Because we are.
3. Facebook for Authors — a helpful discussion with moi and the lovely kid lit author Katie Davis. Check out podcast part 1 and podcast part 2 — both FREE. Thanks, Katie, for inviting me onto your show.
4. Insight into me: if you’re trying to convince me to do something, telling me, “But think of all the fodder you’ll get for a novel” isn’t persuasive. Honest. I have enough ideas for novels to last me a lifetime. I think it was Flannery O’Connor who said if you’ve survived childhood and adolescence, you’re set as a writer. This is true. So you’ll need to come up with other arguments to get me to do whatever it is you want me to do.
5. I’m happiest when I’m deep into a draft. Nothing — and I mean nothing — compares to the joy it brings me.
6. I’m not a slaw or kraut kinda girl.
7. The saddest story I’ve heard in a long time is this one. RIP, Marina Keegan.
Share some of your random thoughts in the comments. #7RandomThoughts