1. It’s a gaggle of geese, a school of fish, and — get this — a “kindle of kittens.” I’m surprised Amazon hasn’t done something with this yet.
2. I think you know you’ve made it as a writer when someone else cares about your book more than you do.
3. Isn’t all romance paranormal?
4. The only complex things I want in my life are carbohydrates.
5. Anyone who has ever taken a standardized test knows what a #2 pencil is. Question: what are #1 pencils used for? Do they exist?
6. The true definition of a stealth mission: you’re in Stop & Shop, un-showered and in a bad mood, and you spy someone you know, and you spend the rest of your shopping trip ducking down aisles and hiding behind displays and praying to God that the person didn’t — and doesn’t — see you. You’d abandon your cart, but the cat needs food and the only thing in your fridge is chunky milk and a mushy cucumber.
7. Red Solo Cup. I’m late to this party, but I can’t get the tune out of my head, and I love the back story about how the song got made in the first place. I’m embedding the video below, but don’t blame me when the earworm strikes you.