Debut Novel: Forgotten April
- Finalist in BookBundlz’s “The Book Pick” 2012 contest
- Coffee Time Romance gave it five coffee cups (equivalent to five stars)
- It was named the July 2011 book of the month by book reviewer Tracy Riva
- It was a featured book on Pixel of Ink
It’s available on…
- If you have another e-reader, like Sony, you can side load an ePub file that you buy here at Lulu.
- It’s also available in paperback from Amazon and B&N.
It makes a GREAT book club selection. I’d be happy to Skype in to your book club as well (or if you’re local to Boston, I could join in live). Here’s a link to the reading group guide (PDF).
Overview: For April Sullivan-LaMonica, the last ten years have been hell: her husband and young son were killed in a car accident, and soon after, her mom descended into the darkness of Alzheimer’s. So when broadcast journalist Maggie Prescott shows up claiming to be April’s half sister and tries to capture their reunion on film, April outwardly regards Maggie with much suspicion. In reality, she’s simply afraid to grow close to someone again, only to have that person leave — or worse.
Maggie, meanwhile, is battling her own demons: figuring out why her biological mother gave her up, facing a secret she’s kept from the one man she’s loved all her life, and giving herself permission to follow the dream she’s had since she was a child.
Separated by nearly two decades and radically different life paths, April and Maggie must decide if pursuing their sisterhood is worth it…or even possible.
A story of loss, love, survival, and redemption, Forgotten April will speak to anyone who’s experienced the pains — and riches — of an unexpected friendship that emerges from family ties.