I’m an old-school blog reader, meaning I subscribe to blogs via email (I’ve never taken to RSS readers, although if I had an iPad, methinks my blog-reading methods would change).
Note to bloggers: add email subscriptions to your blogs. There are blogs I’d love to read regularly and that I promise myself I will, but I always end up forgetting. This wouldn’t happen if you added email subscriptions to your blog.
Blogs I Read Religiously (Listed In No Particular Order)
- Post Secret. The one and only blog that I remember to GO TO since I can’t subscribe via email. Updated every Sunday. Probably my #1 favorite blog.
- Young House Love. So, I live in an apartment, don’t think I’ll ever own, and am pretty sure I’ll never be a DIY-er anyway. But I adore this blog and love peeking in on Sherry, John, Clara, and Burger.
- Rachelle Gardner, Literary Agent. Smart, kind, and provides great info.
- Betsy Lerner, Literary Agent. Honest. Hysterical. Did I mention honest? Brutally so.
- Jessica Gottlieb, A Los Angeles Mom. Mom bloggers rule! I think she’s a stand-out blogger, and I like following her and reading the comments (this is how I get some mom knowledge for my novels…by listening to what real moms are talking about).
- BookEnds Literary Agency – Another smart literary agency
- Joe Konrath’s Blog — another one I can’t subscribe to via email, but I check daily to see if he has anything up
- Copyblogger – Not just about copywriting topics, which is cool
- HubSpot…depending on the topic, I might read it right away, but they also post around five times a day, which is a lot.
- All Facebook – roundup of articles; this is how I keep up with all things FB
- All Twitter – roundup of articles; this is how I keep up with all things Twitter
- eBook Newser – roundup of articles; this is how I keep up with eBook news
- Galley Cat – roundup of articles; this, and the four directly above come in at the same time, every afternoon (M-F) around 4:00 p.m.
- Media Bistro Morning News – article roundup
- Mashable – Roundup
- Digital Reader – All things digital and techie…lots of late-breaking news and theories
- A Word a Day – gotta boost the vocab and help my chances in Scrabble with words like “cwm”
- Susan Weiner’s Investment Writing Blog — a friend’s blog, and lots of good writing advice
- Bob Mayer’s Blog – traditional and self-pubbed writer
- Love as a Found Object - from the immensely talented author Leah Hager Cohen, who was my thesis advisor when I went for my MFA at Lesley University
- The Shatzkin Files – always long, but always smart, insightful posts
I subscribe to plenty of other blogs, like Gizmodo, but those are hit and miss — it depends on what the subject is. And there are bloggers, like Nathan Bransford, who are on hiatus, but I usually read his stuff same day (ditto with some writer friends’ blogs — I read their stuff when it comes in, but they’re not in the daily or even weekly blogging category). Also, some blogs — like Google’s Webmaster Central Blog — are always same-day reads, even though the posts don’t come in on a regular schedule. So I read them when (and if) they come in.
What blogs do your read regularly? Share in the comments.